ECHOBOX'S APPROACH TO PRIVACY
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
- We collect personal information from you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us or our Service. This can include information you provide when you register to use our Service, create an account on our Service, complete a form, correspond with us, through Service, subscribe to our email lists or respond to surveys or promotions.
- We also collect personal information indirectly from you such as information about the pages you look at on our Service or the device you connect to our Service with. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as other users of our Service.
- We describe the categories of personal information we collect in more detail below:
- Your contact details: such as your name, your email address, your telephone number and addresses associated with your account.
- Comments and opinions: such as comments and opinions when you respond to our surveys, competitions and promotions.
- Private messages to us: private messages you send to us such as email and written correspondence (including copies of any documentation you send us as part of our customer verification process).
- Your preferences: choices you make such as notification preferences or choices about how our Service is displayed.
- Information about how you use and connect to the online service
- We collect information about how you use our Service such as the pages and links you access, the time you access our Service and duration you are on it, any website you come to our Service from or go to after leaving our Service and selections and choices you make when using our Service.
- We also collect information about the computer or other electronic devices you use to connect to our Service such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to our Service through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your device's telephone number (if it has one).
- Typically, the information we collect about how you use or connect to our Service is associated with your device and not you as a named individual. However, if you are logged into a registered account this information may also be associated with you directly.
- Information about your location
- Other than information you choose to provide to us, we do not collect information about your precise location. Your device's IP address may help us determine an approximate location but this will be no more precise than the city, state or country you are using your device in.
- Information provided by other users
- Sometimes, other visitors to our Service provide information that is associated with you. For example, other visitors may provide information that is associated with you when they invite you to use our Service.
- Information provided by other organisations
- Other organisations may provide information that we associate with you where they are lawfully permitted to share it, such as contact details, demographic data, or Internet navigation information.
- Information from fraud and crime prevention organisations
- In order to verify your identity or if fraudulent or other criminal activity is suspected relating to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We will also use your personal information for the purposes specifically described below:
- Contact details: we will use your contact details so that we can communicate with you directly about the service we provide and about queries, issues or concerns you or other users have. We may also use your contact details to send you information about services that may be of interest to you (such communications will be in accordance with your marketing preferences).
- Comments and opinions: We will use your comments and opinions to determine the services that may be of interest to you.
- Private messages to us: we will use private messages you send to us to help us respond to any query, issue or concern you raise in such private messages. We will also use this information to verify your identity in accordance with our statutory obligations.
- Your preferences: we will use your preference settings for the purpose of providing notifications, displaying our Service and following other choices you are able to make about how our Service is displayed to you.
- Information about how you use and connect to the online service: we use this information to present our Service to you on your device. We will also use this information to determine topics and services that may be of interest to you.
- Information about your location: we may use an approximate location to ensure content on our Service is relevant to the city, state or country you are using your device in. We will not collect or track your exact location without your consent.
- Information provided by other users: We will use your personal information that is contained in private messages sent to us by other users to respond to any query, issue or concern they raise. We will use your personal information that is contained in forms submitted by other users to contact you, if they indicate you would like to receive a communication from us.
- Information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account: we will use information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account for the purposes of preventing fraud or crime.
- All personal information: will use all the personal information we collect to: (i) monitor and improve our Service and our procedures and processes; and (ii) to help us develop new services. Our use of your personal information in this way will not result in information that was not previously publicly available being made public on our Service. We will also not use information about fraudulent or criminal activity relating to your account in the development of new services.
- We may anonymise and aggregate any of the information we collect (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our Service and developing new services and features and publishing the results of our analysis and other reports.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
- We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Service providers and advisors: third parties who provide a service to us, for example, we use a third party credit reference service to conduct identity verification for us. These third parties will only be allowed to use your personal information in accordance with our instructions and will be required to keep your information secure.
- Purchasers of our business: personal information may be disclosed or transferred to buyers or prospective buyers of our business or any of our assets as part of the sale.
- Law enforcement, credit reference agencies, regulators and other parties, for legal reasons: third parties who we are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information to or who we need to disclose your personal information to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you. We also share information with independent third party bodies, such as credit reference agencies to verify your identity and comply with our regulatory requirements.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to anyone else except as set out above. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of our Service but we will make sure no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
- Email Marketing - From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our services. If you do not want us to send you email marketing, please let us know by sending an email to us at email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link (where available) in the emails we send to you.
- App Marketing – From time to time, we may provide marketing messages by way of an alert on any mobile application of ours that you have downloaded. If you do not want to receive such app marketing, please let us know by using either the functionality in such mobile application or by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email and App Notifications about Changes to the Services We Provide - We may send you notifications via email or our mobile applications in relation to any changes to the way we provide our services to you.
- Advertising on other Websites – We, or our advertising partners, may show advertisements to you on other websites or through other apps. To do this we, or our advertising partners, may collect information about how you use our Service or the types of other web pages, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to our Service, interact with, visit or view. The information collected might also include the IP address of the device you connect to our Service.
We, or our advertising partners, use the information that is collected to make sure adverts you see either on our Service or other websites or apps (where our partners have advertising space) are more relevant to you.
The techniques our advertising partners use recognise the device you are using but are not aimed at you as a named individual. Typically cookies and similar technologies are used to provide this type of advertising. You can find out more about cookies and how to manage their use by reading our Cookies Policy.
STORING AND TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Security: All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and we use industry standard security protections.
- Cookies and Local Storage: we may store information (which may include personal information) locally on your device using cookies and other browser and application storage methods. For further information please see our Cookies Policy.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If there is information you would like to access, please contact us using the contact details set out in the "Contact" section below. Please provide as much information as you can about the information you are looking for and we will be happy to try and help you find it.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- Our Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
NOTICE TO YOU